Wounded Warrior Project
Delgado Travel Agency has provided a range of travel services, including package vacations and money exchange, for over four decades from its offices in three states. In terms of giving back, Delgado Travel Agency supports several charities, including the Wounded Warrior Project (WWP), which helps injured military veterans make the often-difficult transition back into civilian life.
Though the WWP focuses primarily on domestic programs, it also provides international services at facilities such as Ramstein Air Base and Landstuhl Regional Medical Center (LRMC) in Germany. In particular, the WWP offers comfort items such as jackets and blanket to wounded personnel who arrive at the LRMC, often the first place an injured serviceperson arrives at in Germany.
Beyond this, the WWP provides counseling and several programs via its Warrior Transition Units, which it has established throughout Europe. It also supports international doctors through a thank-you campaign that includes direct interaction with those the doctors have treated, and two appreciation lunches per year.
Disney’s Magic Kingdom
With offices in the United States, Mexico, and Ecuador, Delgado Travel Agency provides its clients with international telecommunications and money-exchange services. Beyond this, Delgado Travel Agency offers a range of package vacation deals, including trips to Orlando, Florida, a city notable for its theme parks. Here are three of the best.
1. Disney’s Magic Kingdom. Perhaps the most famous of the Orlando theme parks, Disney’s Magic Kingdom features Cinderella’s Castle, which stands at 189 feet tall, and has six areas, each with different themes. The park plays host to some world-famous rides, such as the Jungle Cruise
2. Aquatica. A huge water park that offers thrills and spills for those seeking an adrenaline rush, it also the opportunity to relax by the pool. Aquatica’s main feature is its slides, including the HooHoo Run, 250 feet long and featuring three drops to emulate weightlessness.
3. Universal Studios Florida. The ideal place for movie fans, Universal Studios features attractions based on classic films, such as The Terminator and E.T., in addition to attractions based on more recent films, such as Despicable Me.
zocalo mexico city
Headquartered in New York with additional offices in New Jersey and Chicago, Delgado Travel Agency has offered travel and money exchange services for more than four decades. A family-owned and family-operated business, Delgado Travel Agency offers travel packages to destinations such as Mexico City.
Mexico City is home to countless historical sites and cultural institutions. Here are three can’t-miss destinations in the Mexican capital.
– Zocalo. Home to the center of Mexico City since pre-Columbian times, the zocalo stands as one of the largest city squares in the world. It plays host to the famous Metropolitan Cathedral of Mexico City, as well as vendors selling a wide variety of handcrafted goods.
– The National Museum of Anthropology. Located in the middle of the Chapultepec Forest, the Museo Nacional de Antropologia ranks among the world’s great museums. The museum is famous for its extensive collection of pre-Columbian artifacts, which range from statues of Aztec deities to frescoes from local artists.
– Pyramids. Visitors often complete the 30-mile journey from the city center to the archaeological site of Teotihuacan, where they can see the great pyramids of the New World. Visitors can climb the Temple of the Moon to see countless stone ziggurats on the path to the Temple of the Sun.
Since 1986, the family-owned Delgado Travel Agency has provided a wide array of services that help its clients fulfill their travel needs and remain in contact with those in their home countries. Through its Delgado Travel II Corp., Delgado Travel Agency offers money exchange services for such currencies as the Mexican peso.
The earliest Mexican pesos borrowed design influence from the silver dollar, which was the official Spanish currency at the time. However, these coins also bore a number of unique features such as a distinguishable border and a weighted frame that made it difficult for individuals to produce counterfeits. Regarded as one of the most secure forms of currency, the peso went on to act as a model for the U.S. dollar.
During the 1700s, the peso became the standard for currency across all of North America. By 1785, it was similar in value to that of the U.S. dollar and remained an accepted form of payment in both the U.S. and Canada until the mid-1800s. Soon after, Mexico’s government made an alteration to the value of the peso, declaring that it would be worth 100 centavos.
The value of the peso has continued to shift throughout the years. Perhaps the most significant change came in the 1990s, when the Mexican government revised its entire currency system. Upon introducing the “nuevo peso,” officials valued this new currency at 1,000 of the previous Mexican pesos.
Ecuadorian Civic Committee
Based in Jackson Heights, New York, Delgado Travel Agency has been in business for more than 40. Delgado Travel Agency has numerous affiliates in Ecuador and Mexico, and it is committed to supporting the Ecuadorian community by maintaining membership in the Ecuadorian Civic Committee (ECC) of New York.
For more than 20 years, the ECC has served the Ecuadorian community in New York with a variety of services. The organization has developed and implemented a variety of education, health, and economic programs, such as immigrant rights seminars, computer training, English classes, and business development workshops. The ECC also actively defends economic policies that encourage Ecuadorian business development and community and political involvement.
Further, the ECC offers programs designed specifically to meet the needs of elderly individuals. It also is dedicated to promoting Ecuadorian cultural events, including sports exhibitions, the Queen of the ECC Pageant, Ecuadorian Heritage Month, the Ecuadorian parade, and the Artistic and Folkloric Ecuadorian Festival in Queens County.
For more than 40 years, Delgado Travel Agency has been offering travel to customers by providing comprehensive packages that take flights, hotels, rental cars, and money transfers into account. Delgado Travel Agency also supports a number of charities, including the Red Cross. One of the Red Cross’ most important initiatives is its blood drives, which are held throughout the United States.
The Red Cross states that somebody in the United States will need blood every two seconds, which creates a total of 36,000 units of red blood cells required daily in the country. A car accident victim may require as many as 100 pints of blood to be nursed back to health.
To confront this issue, the Red Cross offers people and other organizations the opportunity to host blood drives. All they need to do is find a suitable location, publicize the drive, and schedule appointments. The Red Cross handles the rest.
You can sign up to host a blood drive or find out about any that are near you by visiting redcrossblood.org.
Warriors to Work
During the course of more than 40 years of offering travel and money services to customers, Delgado Travel Agency has lent its support to a number of charitable initiatives. Among many other organizations, Delgado Travel Agency has contributed extensively to the Wounded Warrior Project. The Warriors to Work program is one of the most important initiatives created by the charity.
This program focuses on helping wounded veterans develop the skills they need to re-enter the workplace. Among its many services, it can help them develop their résumés, set realistic and attainable goals, prepare for job interviews, and connect with employers that may be able to offer opportunities.
The program also focuses on educating potential employers by making them aware of viable candidates while also educating them about combat-related injuries. The program also assists with the onboarding processes put in place by employers and aims to form long-lasting relationships with those who are committed to helping veterans find work.